Life seems very uncertain at the moment. I am continuing some contact time with existing clients but suspect this will come to an end very soon. I am providing varied online appointments and classes. This is evolving and is actually very enjoyable. It’s amazing how creative we can be when forced to change and adapt.
I started my complementary therapy practice in 1999 and have worked in and around Long Ashton, North Somerset. For the last four years I have been solely based at Yanley Court, Yanley Lane, Long Ashton.
I have a holistic approach, focusing on the person not the condition. The therapies I employ, work to release tension in the body and mind and to release habitual holding. As much of my learning has an Eastern origin, there is a strong energetic component to my work and people can choose how much to engage with that. Awareness of the breath and our patterns of breathing inform all therapies.
Over the years I have been drawn to therapies that demonstrate an embodied approach to health. Our bodies provide an honest picture of both our physical and mental health from which we can address imbalances caused by lifestyle, illness, trauma or life’s transitions such as pregnancy, retirement or changes in circumstance. Each approach aims to balance and recentre the whole person, reducing discomfort or anxiety physically and mentally.
Whether you want to address long-standing or recent issues, or just have a treat, we can work together to find support and space, choosing the approach you most enjoy and value.
The following information is not as relevant now. Please access my online spaces page: online-spaces
(All therapies are suitable during pregnancy. Massage can be received with you lying on your side as well as some seated work. Reflexology is very popular in pregnancy. After September I will be offering antenatal yoga in small groups and returning to a futon based massage if appropriate.)
- 1999 Reflexology Diploma, Bristol School of Reflexology
- 2000 Psychology BSc (Hons), Open University
- (2004-2006 Homeopathy, School of Homeopathy, Devon (two years of a four year course))
- 2008 Thai Massage Professional Diploma, Bristol School of Thai Massage
- 2009 Third Degree Reiki, Nixie James-Scott (2003 Reiki I; 2005 Reiki II)
- 2010 Art of Viniyoga, Sadhana Mala
- 2011 – 2013 Art of Yoga Teaching, Sadhana Mala
- 2013 – 2015 Art of Individual Teaching, Sadhana Mala
- 2014 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- 2014 Certificate to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- 2019 Ayurvedic Massage Practitioner
- Various CPD courses and regular supervision
USE OF IMAGES: I have downloaded images from Google images. Often it is not clear who is the originator. If I am using your image, please let me know so I can credit it or if you prefer, remove it. With thanks, Yvonne