Yoga at Yanley
Yoga enables us to develop the relationship between the body and breath to create space for the mind to be still and centred. I teach a traditional form of yoga, often referred to as viniyoga. This approach integrates the mind, body and breath, creating a meditative practice. All abilities are welcome. If necessary, postures (āsana) can be adapted to enable you to experience the energy of the posture and develop the relationship between flexibility and strength.
Classes vary in length. The longer classes, have more time dedicated to seated breathing practice (prānāyāma) and meditation. The 90 minute classes for example, usually have space for 25 minutes after the posture work, to focus on the breath and sit in meditation. Classes are organised in terms where we work with a theme and a consistent practice. Classes are not differentiated; all levels of experience are welcome.
Classes have a maximum of 12 people. On 11.12.17: I am waiting for number confirmation but currently the 1930 class is full; 0930 and 1800 have a couple of spaces; and the new 0730 is wide open!
NEW CLASS: New Year Early Bird Yoga – Friday mornings 0730-0830: one hour of yoga asana (postures) with breathwork to ease away the week and set you up for Friday and the weekend. This class focuses on postures to allow ease in the mind and body. This class is organised differently to Wednesday yoga. The first term is Friday 5 January to 2 February and costs £10 per class LINK Early Bird Yoga
Please wear loose clothing – layers are helpful. Yanley Court is warm and cosy however do bring a warm jumper or blanket as you may feel cold once the asana stop and we sit for breathing, meditation or to rest. A yoga mat and block would be ideal but I can lend you something initially.
To encourage a yoga practice that is regular and consistent, I ask for a term commitment. Whilst I would prefer you to come for the full term, I offer a slightly reduced rate if you need to miss up to two lessons. I do offer individual lessons if you would prefer: Link: Individual Yoga
This term: finishes this Wednesday
Next term: 3 January – 7 February (does not include early bird yoga)
The prices given are for 6 weeks, 5 weeks and 4 weeks respectively (if you can attend the full term but need to discuss a concessionary rate, please do get in touch with me):
- 0930 – 1100 @ £60 / £55 / £50
- 1800 – 1915 @ £55 / £50 / £45
- 1930 – 2100 @ £60 / £55 / £50
This is offered on the following basis:
- Payment to be made at the start of term. If you will not be at the first lesson, please arrange for payment by the start of term.
- When paying for the term, tell me which lessons you will be absent from so I can offer the space to students from other classes if they cannot attend their normal class. (You can come to another class if you are unable to make your usual time.)
- Once you have committed to a payment option, I would ask that your commitment remains for the term even if you have an unplanned absence.
Term dates for 2018:
- 21 February – 21 March (5 weeks) @ £50 / £45
- 11 April – 23 May (7 weeks) @ £70 / £65
- 6 June – 11 July (6 weeks) @ £60 / £55
- Summer sessions: 1 – 22 August (4 weeks) @ £40 or £12.5 per session
- TBC 19 September – 17 October (5 weeks)
- Residential retreat September 2018 (Dartmoor)
- Morning retreats at Yanley Court: 11 February, 28 April and through year