Reiki is a system of natural healing formalised by Dr Mikao Usui in Japan at the beginning of the 20th century. The tradition works with five agreements or precepts to encourage us to live mindfully and respectfully through our connection to spiritual energy. Reiki could be described as hands-on guided meditation where healing is offered without condition or promise. Reiki practitioners give healing to themselves, directly to a person or at a distance, and to plants, to pets, to events.
Reiki differs from other healing traditions in that it has a meditative empowerment or attunement process to focus your intention. This is an important part of the Reiki journey and will be part of our time together.
There are different levels of Reiki (I, II and III). Allowing time between the different levels of teaching, provides space to develop sensitivity and connection to your own needs whilst working with the subtleties of the healing process. Reiki focuses on your own healing journey; increasing self-awareness and connection to energy. It is not a professional practice qualification. It provides the foundation for a personal healing practice. If you are already a therapist, this level can focus on self-care when providing healing spaces for others.
Accepting support during your your healing journey is important. Please consider coming to reiki gatherings (healing circle) and receiving reiki from a qualified practitioner or another student. You may already see a practitioner but if not I am able to provide this space or suggest other practitioners
This course is suitable for everyone who wants to learn more about healing and/or support their therapy practice and/or personal therapeutic journey. Although this is a non-professional level, you can give Reiki to friends and family if you feel you would like to. Some practitioners decide Reiki I is all they need.
During the course you will spend time discussing some of the following ideas. The discussion often reflects the needs of the group:
- What is healing?
- What is Reiki?
- Connecting with energy
- The power of meditation and ceremony
- Working with intention and integrity
- Introduction to the ideas around symbols and their use in meditation
- Reiki precepts / principles
- Sharing Reiki – giving and receiving
- Distance healing
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- The cakra system
- Knowing our boundaries and staying grounded
- Working with positive affirmations
- The importance and practice of self-healing
- Working with others
There are three parts to this course: 2 days and a review meeting. I hold courses in my therapy room at Yanley Court.
Cost: £110 (includes course booklet and Shoden (Reiki I manual – published by Taggart King, Reiki Evolution).
- Please feel free to contact me if you want more information.
- If you’re good to go, you can use the contact form below to book. I will then provide appropriate payment details. Feel free to write about any special requirements you have. (Booking will be confirmed once payment is received)
- Cancellation policy information