I’ve been looking at the Government guidelines following today’s announcement and it appears that from Monday 13 July I will be able to resume massage and reflexology with some precautions in place. I will be checking all the information closely tomorrow to ensure guidelines are satisfied and that you feel reassured, comfortable and safe (the face visor is already in the post apparently). In terms of individual yoga lessons, I do not think I will be able to teach indoors until 25 July when gyms are able to open their indoor spaces.
Some of the precautions will be :
- increased cleaning and sanitisation of the environment, you and me!
- single use of towels and covers – as per normal
- good ventilation (do wear layers)
- avoidance of work around the face
- me to wear a face visor (It is not obligatory for you to wear a mask but a report on the news tonight from scientists in Seattle said that it really makes a difference to transmission and they do not understand why the UK Government are not more prescriptive. On their figures, 20,000 lives in the UK could be saved between now and November…)
- time between clients to allow for cleaning and ventilating room
- we might decide shorter appointments would be helpful
- an assessment 24 hours before your appointment to check you are symptom free and have not been in contact with anyone who has Covid-19
I am aware that this will be a difficult time for some of you. We have all been isolating to some degree. I completely understand that there will be reluctance to make this next step. You need to decide what is right for you individually. I’m not planning on going anywhere, I will be here when you are ready. For those of you who would like to book in, I will set out the online diary so you can book your appointment – I will let you know when I’ve done this.
Yoga Online will continue for the rest of July. I have been talking with local halls and premises and they need time to decide how they want to run their spaces and set up procedures.
Let’s hope that this works for everyone and we don’t all crumble. That phrase ‘this can all be reversed’ is ever present.
Let me know your thoughts, Yvonne x